Classic Butternut Squash Soup
The fall season brings a colorful change and opens our senses to new culinary delights like hearty and perfectly blended soups. Try this classic Butternut Squash Soup with a side of your favourtie kii crisps…we suggest Cranberry Pumpkin or perhaps Rosemary Pistachio. Enjoy!
One large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), halved vertically and seeded
2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ cup chopped shallot (about 1 large shallot bulb)
1 teaspoon sea salt or table salt to taste
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon maple syrup
⅛ teaspoon pumpkin spice
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Up to 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
4-6 Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed Crisps
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Makes about 4-6 servings
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Half the squash vertically and spread olive oil and salt evenly over each side.
Bake for 45 minutes on baking sheet until tender.
Sauté 1 shallot and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add 4 cloves of minced garlic and sauté for another 30 more seconds.
Scoop out squash and add to a food processor or strong blender with sautéed garlic and shallot.
Add vegetable or chicken broth, pumpkin spice and maple syrup.
Pulse until smooth.
Add pepper to taste and top with your favorite crisps.
Recipe video availbale on Facebook!
- A Kii Spread & Prosecco Twist
- A Kii Treat - Chocolate Dipped Crisps
- A Kii Fall Favourite - Cinnamon Dusted Apple Crisps
- A Kii Fall Butternut Squash Soup
- A Kii 'Thanksgiving' Spread - Squash & Spiced Pepitas
- A Kii Pairing - Crisps & Brew
- A Kii Spread - Feta & Orange Peel
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps