The turkey may be the star of the show during your Holiday meal, but don’t forget the cranberries, as there are so many wonderful health benefits.
Did you know that cranberries are one of the top antioxidant-rich foods, packing in more antioxidants than other “superfoods” like spinach, blueberries, or even green tea.
Here are 3 reasons why we should all be eating more cranberries in our diets:
1. Cranberries have been shown to have an anti-inflammatory effect. Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, stomach & digestive disorders can possibly be helped or avoided with consuming cranberries.
2. Cranberries high levels of antioxidants help reduce the adhesion of certain bacteria to urinary tract walls, which can help to reduce the incidence of UTIs.
3. Cranberries can help by preventing bacteria from sticking to our teeth. An added bonus: The anti-inflammatory effects can also help to reduce inflammation in and around our gums.
There are so many great ways to incorporate cranberries into your diet. Our Wholefood Blend™ + Cranberry not only contains delicious wholesome cranberries, but also contains pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and many other superfood ingredients that compliment fall treats.
Try this festive apple crisp recipe using Wholefood Blend™ + Cranberry for dessert. This is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face over the holiday!
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Wholefood Blend + Cranberry
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Layer the apple slices in a square 8-inch baking dish, in two layers
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, butter and vanilla. Add mixture over the apples, spreading evenly.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Wholefood Blend™ + Cranberry
- Bake 30 minutes, until topping is golden and crunchy. Gently stir to evenly coat the apples. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
Not only is Wholefood Blend™ a perfect addition to apple crisp, it is also great to add to smoothies, pancakes, muffins and more! Just because the holiday meal is over, doesn’t mean you can’t continue to eat delicious foods for breakfast the next morning!
Visit our social media pages for more fall treats and share your favourite recipe using Wholefood Blend™+ Cranberry