“I fell in LOVE with a vegan pumpkin taste recipe from Oh she glows. Author and guru Angela Liddon has the most inspiring plant based recipes. Because it is holiday season, and I had no sunflower seeds on hand I improvised using Kii Crisps. The adaptation of this recipe makes it SUPER fast to whip up. Honestly took me about 15 min, start to finish. Hope you love it like I did! ~Jenny V.”
- 1 box of Kii Crisps Goji Berry Pistachio, but any flavour will do!
- For the filling you will need:1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut cream (just the cream not the water)
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of sunflower seed butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cut and trim a piece of parchment paper to line a square baking tin (or spring foam pan or vessel of choice) and set aside.
- In a blender combine all the filling ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Pour pumpkin filling into the parchment lined tin.
- Layer the top with Kii Crackers. You can also crush the crackers and make a crumble. Push down on the crackers (or crumble) with enough pressure to make sure they anchored into the filling, but do not sink into the filling completely.
- Place in the freezer and let sit for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer, and slice into squares.
- You can eat this right out of the freezer or let it still 10min to soften.
*Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows http://ohsheglows.com/2015/11/26/mini-pumpkin-pie-tarts-with-a-sunflower-cookie-crust-nut-free-vegan/